Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Thanks!

Thank you everyone who gave us their best wishes with the new baby. Lord knows I'll need them. And I'd like to give a "hip-hop Horay!" to myself for having the most responses for a blog post. I love you guys, and that ain't the hormones talking either.

So, my next adventure is looking for a good birth control method. I know that this is a personal subject, but i figure that you 7 readers won't mind since i'm related to all of you. I've broke 'em down into 2 categories. "Scary" and "not so Scary". I want your feed back cause i only have experience with the pill, which by the way is how i got pregnant with MJ... so that's a method that's out the window. So here it is:

IUD - scary
*mirena
*copper coil

Barrier Methods-not so scary
*diaphragm
*Cervical cap
*Lea's Shield (?)
*male condom
*female condom
*spermicidal foam
*sponge
*gel
*suppository
*film

Sterilization - Scary
*Tubal ligation
*Vasectomy (not scary for me, but Mr."It's like taking away my man-hood", is chicken shit.

I'd really appreciate anyone's feedback on this. I'd like my birth control how i like my man.... long term, efficient, with little to no maintenance.

9 comments:

Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

WHat about the patch? I'm not sure... you gonna get Schevitz snipped? (People are probably going, Fu**ing Maaalleeesa) or you gonna block off those ovaries? I dunno. I say, Have more!! Have more! I'm a horrible person to be giving any advice.

Loaf

Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

BTW, the film thing... that seems the easiest but also, COME ON how could that little tiny film even prevent you from having a baby?

li'l momma said...

Egger keeps saying he might need to snip*snip because he can't trust my fertile a$$ to NOT get prego again. I don't think he'll go through with it, though. Then again, thinking about having another one right now is birth control enough...

I dunno-- all those methods give me the creeps! I'll get back to ya when I can be more helpful.

Anonymous said...

Don't go the patch way because my friend at work used it and she was breaking out ALL over with zits. Plus I think it's pretty dangerous. what the hell is a "Lea Shield"? Sounds like something from Star Wars.!! My method of NOT doing it seems to be working pretty well. Just kidding. Sterilization just seems so permanent. I always go back to the "Anissa Ayala" story where she got cancer and her parents decided to have another baby to try to save her. I would go the guy way (Sorry Manny!)

Ejizzle and Jjizzle's Blog said...

How bout no more kantot period? hahahaha! That'll assure no more babyings pop out!

Flambo said...

Wait, wait, WAIT....you got prego on the PILL??? Isn't that supposed to be, like, 99% effective??? HOLY FO-SHIZZLE! That sucks! I mean, it's great that you're pregnant and all, but come on, there are some things in life you want to know you can depend on! The pill is f#@!ing of them!!

Okay, okay, that said...hmmm....I can't bring myself to get my tubes tied, although it does seem like the "easiest" option. The other thing is the Church-approved "Rhythm Method", but that's how Miko came to be, so - guess that's out of the question. Hmm. I don't know, Melon, although maybe after #3 you just figure you'll be too tired for sex, huh? I am NOW and I'm only on #1 (well, okay, #2)!

WestCoBina said...

i absolutely swear by the IUD. not scary. stop watching scary documentaries from the 70s. you know what's scarier than an IUD? getting pregnant again!! i have many friends w/ IUDs who are extremely happy with it too. when i asked the doctor, she said, "it's the method of choice among all the resident doctors at UCSF. it's like eating at the restaurant where all the chefs eat."

WestCoBina said...

ALSO:
*long term (can be left for 10 years)

*efficient (over 99%)

*little to no maintenance (what IUD?)

if you don't respond well to hormones (like me), the copper IUD works just fine.

Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

LOL!! Eating at the restaurant where Manny eats! LOL!!