Friday, May 09, 2008

Teething



I just love these pictures and have been posting it up all over the place! I can't get over Jam and her toothy smile!

Anyway, i need some parenting advise. Jam is now sprouting her 8th tooth and it seems like this one is really doing a number on her. She's been drooling and chewing on everything the past few days so i knew for sure that a tooth was coming.. plus i can see it pushing under gums. Then last night she had diarrhea and a fever. Aside from being a little irritated because she was feeling warm, she was still regular Jam. I gave her baby Tylenol and dressed her in a regular onsie and then she fell back asleep. She woke up a couple a times after that but that was just cause she was looking for her chupie to sooth herself back to sleep. When we all woke up in the morning, she was up and playing with Leelai, but her fever had come back with a runny nose.
My question is... do you guys think this is all part of her teething or do you think this is something else? I've been reading about it on babycenter.com and other sites but i guess i'm looking for other people experience with the whole teething thing. Any feedback is welcome!

4 comments:

Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

I think it's part of her teething... how high is her fever? My doc would say... if the fever doesn't clear up within 48 hours give her a call. Also, remember Tylenol only lowers the fever 1 degree...these pictures are the frickin' cutest set of pictures I have ever seen btw.

WestCoBina said...

two of my facilitators had stomach flu this week. so it could be a mild virus. i just hope you guys don't get it. it just seems kind of weird because she didn't have those symptoms with the other teeth. whatever it is, i'm sure it'll pass by the weekend. good luck, my jam!

Anonymous said...

That smile will cure any bug she has!! She's so damn cute!! And ALL the teeth just kill me! Ok, enough said. I think if the fever doesn't last more than a couple of days (like Mele said) then it probably has to do with the teething. Even the diarreah. My kids would get slightly warm when they were teething as well. It's probably hard work pushing those teeth out of those tough gums!!

li'l momma said...

She is so darling! I LOVE her straight-across smile! The fever is probably just due to the teeth, especially if Jam's still acting normal. If it's especially high, it might be roseola (does she have a rash?). I hope she's doing better now!