Yay! Our little Moses is finally here! Before anything else let me give you his stats.
Born: Oct. 11
Time: 8:21 pm
7lbs. 15 oz.
19 inches long
He has a mix of both Leelai and Jam's features with Papa's hands and feet.
Let me just share the events that led up to this guys birth. Saturday morning I felt like my water may have broke but as the morning went by, I didn't have any signs of going into labor or any more fluid leaking. After talking to Bina and Mitor (with the help of Krista also) I decided to just go to the hospital to get checked just in case. Plus, i tested positive for Strep B which means I would need to be treated with antibiotics for at least 4 hours prior to delivery. So, if my water was broken, i should have already started on these antibiotics. My parents watched Leelai and Jam while I drove to the hospital. I was really hoping that everything was still intact and that they would just send me home. So, i get to the hospital at about 2:30 pm and they checked me and tested to see if my water was leaking. After the test was done, the nurse tells me that my bag of waters is still in tact, BUT i was having contractions every 4 minutes and each contraction was lasting about 1 minute long. She then checks my cervix and said that i was 3 1/2 - 4 cm dilated already. I was like "WHAT!" i totally did not feel any contractions going on. On the other hand, I was a couple of days overdue and feeling a constant achyness in my pelvis so i probably couldn't tell the difference between the two. So now the nurse hooked me up to an IV, started the antibiotics, and moved me on to the delivery room. My contractions were progressing but i was hardly feeling anything! At 7 cm, the doctor decided to break my water. The nurse kept asking "on a scale of 1-10, what's your pain level?" i was like "uh.... 2, maybe 3". I was trippin that the contractions were hardly anything to me! But from that point (after they broke my water), I switched positions onto my side and things started to really move along. I would probably guess that i had maybe 5-7 contractions from that point until i had the baby. The first 2 felt like regular contractions that I had to breathe through. The 3rd contraction, I started to feel pressure on my lower back. By the last few contractions, I was screaming like a real woman in labor. It was really intense and happening so fast that i was yelling "IT'S COMING OUT!!!!". Right then all the lights turned on, the room filled with all these nurses, the bed i was resting in all of a sudden turned into a chair-like contraption with stirrups and handles. Instruments were out, the baby warmer was out, and the nurse kept telling me to just breathe and to take control of the labor. I could have kicked her in the face. All we needed at this point was my doctor!!! The nurses were scrambling to find him and in the meantime, i'm still yelling "IT'S COMING OUT!" .... along with other profanity that i can't say on here. Finally my doctor comes in and says "Okay, push if you need to push" as he washes his hands and puts on his doctor gear. After a painful episiotomy (the numbing shot didn't kick in fast enough) and a push, out he came. The BEST feeling ever! The whole event (from when i went in, until he was born) all took about 5-6 hours.
Things are great here at home. Poor Jam is so confused about the little guy. She seemed so little before Moses was born, but now she looks like a giant amazon baby. Leelai is wonderful big sister and just loves to hold him. So now, pictures! The uploader is acting funny on this thing so for the full album, just click here!
3 comments:
YAYAAAY!!! Moses!! Aww you are crazy brave!! Next comes little Miss Trouble and our spawn lives on. MUCH LOVE TO YOU GUYS! MWAAAH!
He's a CUTIE!!! Argh, your birth story made me cringe and cry just a little bit... can't wait to meet li'l Mo, tho! Loaf you, Manalos!
Congrats! lucky bastard...another easy birth.............You finally got a baby who looks just like you...it's about time!.......Love yah! kisses to the kids!
~Iris
Post a Comment