I've been really embarrassed to tell this story, but now that there's a happy ending, i'm not afraid to tell it anymore!
About a good 6 years ago, i (hold on to your knickers) lost my engagement ring. What happened was that the setting where the diamond goes was a little loose and I was going to take it in to get fixed. I should have not worn it at at all until i got it fixed, but you know.... i wanted to show it off too. So any way, we were at a party and i got to show it off to everyone with the diamond intact and everything . At the end of the party (and after about 5 cups of my friend Mike's "Magic Water") I realized that the diamond had fallen out. I tried looking, but i knew it was a lost cause. Manny wasn't mad, but gave me the look that said "you drunkard".
So, i was feeling like shit the next morning as i took the ring off and left it on my night stand. After a few weeks, Manny and I switched to the master bedroom of his house cause we needed more space. When we were all moved in, i tried looking for the ring so that we can get another diamond put into it.... but then i realized.... i didn't know where i put it when we moved rooms. We looked through everything! I was starting to think that maybe we vacuumed it when we cleaned up the previous room we were staying in. I'm such a dunce!
So now, 6 years later (yesterday), Manny was looking for something in the drawer of his night stand, and low any behold, what does he find in his basket of loose change, junk, and key chains? THE RING! It totally boggles me that he found it for sooooo many reasons.
1. We've looked through this basket before.
2. We've moved houses since i lost the ring and we didn't find it then.
3. We bought new night stands when we arranged the room at our new place. We went through the drawers of the old night stands and threw away old junk that accumulated.... and still no ring.
4. Marley plays with this basket and it's contents all the time and has never brought attention to finding a ring. She's even dumped the basket out and counted the change and put the contents back into the basket.
So now that it's found, you bet that i'm gonna have it cleaned and throw another stone in that mug. The difference now is that i'm gonna saran wrap that shit around my finger so nothing comes out or gets lost anymore. Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment