Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Fat girl status?

If you know me, you know that i love the show Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern. I remember watching the first episode and thinking "good lord, this show makes me wanna barf"... but now that i'm addicted to the show, it makes me feel like i'm missing out on the possibly best eats of my life. It could be the pregnancy though. I'm usually a person who skips the salt and pepper, avoids hot sauce, and would choose Jicama over other fruits. But since this pregnancy, aww man, "BRING ON THE HOT SAUCE", "THIS NEEDS MORE GARLIC", "I WANT MORE GINGER ON MY CHICKEN", "IS IT PICKLED? CAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT IF IT'S NOT PICKLED". My taste buds are just yearning for more flavor.
So anyway, I watched the new episode of Bizarre Foods today and i nearly drooled over the cooked iguana with curry sauce. Anything sounds good with curry sauce... even if it's iguana. Then they made fresh conch ceviche, with raw lobster salad off the beach. Then at night, they went to the streets and ate food from the vendors off the streets (and you know that always tastes good). My mom is such a kill joy though... she was saying "It's so easy to get sick or food poisoning like that". Lady, go take your Beano and relax! It's not i'm really gonna get a chance to go to Trinidad and Tobago and eat like that. I just hope that after having this baby, i'll still have this yearning for more flavorful foods cause brother... there is so much different foods i wanna try now.

2 comments:

Mini Peaves & Memmy said...

I LOVE the show, but Andrew Zimmern- is kind of a douche. the New York times called him "delightful." WTF. After he cut his lip on a suckling pig skull I got grossed out with him. But that show is good. I DO agree with you that gnarly stuff does look good mostly. I draw the line on seal shit though, I saw someone eat it on the Lonely Planet show. I have a stomach of steel, so I am with ya Melon! Bring on the bizarre food! Tell Ti-Min that I have had some gnarly, questionable eats all over the world, and I never got any kind of food poisoning until I ate at the Bottom of the Hyatt, and I got this horrible dibilitating food poisoning that had me excreting shit out my nose and ass.

li'l momma said...

HAHAHA! You crack me up, Melon! I'm surprised I haven't seen that show yet; maybe it's time to do the ol' search on the TiVo... Fat Girl Status or not, I'm always about stuffing my face with good (and slightly scary) food. Bring on the ER!